Are you okay, America? We’re asking because we know you’re not sleeping well and just want to remind you that sleep is vitally important.
You need sleep to boost your cognitive performance and concentration, regulate your social and emotional intelligence and maintain proper homeostasis and a robust immune system.
CBD is here to help with this. And so is another helpful cannabinoid, CBN (cannabinol). We’ll explain how much to take and when and how you can use CBN for sleep. But first, let’s have a deeper chat about how many of you aren’t sleeping properly and why.Find Top Quality Organic CBD Oil from Head & Heal
Sleepless in America
We looked at some of the stats, and they’re not so great.
According to numbers from the CDC, one in three adults in the USA isn’t getting their recommended seven to nine hours of sleep. Chronic insomnia may be affecting up to 33 percent of you overall, with a higher chance of that being the case if you’re a woman.
And if you’re over 40, we’re willing to bet you’re getting up at least once a night to go to the bathroom, according to studies that say this is true for 69 percent of men and 76 percent of women in this age group.
Children aren’t doing too much better. At least 25 percent of youngsters across the nation suffer from some kind of sleep problem and report excessive daytime sleepiness.
So why aren’t we all sleeping more? According to the Sleep Health Foundation, there are several reasons.
- Too many take sleep for granted and don’t acknowledge or realize how important it is. Some even have the attitude that sleeping is a waste of time!
- Overdoing caffeine and alcohol. Caffeine is a stimulant, and it’s in coffee, tea, soda and even treats like chocolate. And alcohol may make you drowsy, but it disrupts the quality of sleep.
- Shift work can make routines challenging, and many Americans work them. Unfortunately, some simply don’t adjust to these sorts of schedule changes as well as others.
- Eating and drinking too close to bedtime can cause heartburn and digestive discomfort, especially if you’re eating heavy foods that you have mild to strong intolerances to. Plus, too much to drink will mean waking up to use the bathroom.
- Lacking a proper wind-down routine before bed can prevent you from falling asleep quickly. Disruptions include excessive screen time on computers or phones, watching TV in bed and even exercising too close to bedtime.
- Side effects from medication, both prescription and over-the-counter.
- Stress! Day-to-day life can be stressful, and often the brain has trouble quieting itself when it’s time to sleep. If you’ve ever closed your eyes to snooze and felt nothing but anxiety, this could be you.
Taking a Look at the Research
According to a recently published article that detailed an online study of CBD users, about 25 percent are using CBD to alleviate insomnia specifically and over 30 percent to help improve sleep in a general way.
And research says many are finding what they’re looking for.
A 2019 report detailed a study of a large case series in which adult patients received CBD to treat anxiety and sleep problems. As a result, anxiety scores decreased in 79 percent of patients and sleep scores improved in 66 percent.
Research tells us this is made possible due to the role of the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in regulating sleep stability. If you didn’t know, the ECS is a complex cell-signaling network that runs throughout your body. Within it are receptors that cannabinoids like CBD can connect with to produce beneficial effects in your body.Discover a Better Night’s Sleep with CBN Oil from Head & Heal
Let Us Help You Sleep Better
When it comes to taking CBD for better sleep, you have a few options.
Taking CBD in the morning or afternoon for better sleep may sound counterintuitive. However, for some people, CBD can have an energizing or uplifting effect. This will help with overcoming daytime brain fog or hitting a wall of fatigue midday. The more productive you are during the day, the better you’ll rest at night.
A more classic approach is to use CBD oil at night, about 30 minutes before bed. Most who take this approach find that a proper serving size will help them unwind and relax. Another option here is to take CBN oil, which many find works well as a sleep aid.
One dropper of our CBN oil or our 600mg CBD oil is an excellent place to start when using these cannabinoids to promote better and more restful sleep. That means 10mg of CBD and 10mg of CBN with the first option or 20mg of CBD with the second. After about a week of this, you can increase your serving by half a dropper if you’re not quite achieving the effects you’re after.
Ultimately, how much you need will vary based on your personal physiology, metabolism and other unique factors. But if you listen to your body and ensure consistent, daily use, you’ll be sure to find your sweet spot.