We are looking for an entry level Bookkeeper / AR & AP that will be responsible for maintaining the company’s financial records.
Responsibilities & Focus
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)
- Complete A/R & A/P responsibility
- Entering Invoices
- Creating invoices
- Matching customer credit card purchases to sales orders
- Coding credit card receipts accordingly
- Making Deposits
- Collections Efforts
- Issuing checks (weekly check runs)
- Taking Payments
- Reconciling weekly market transactions
- Reconciling Accounts / close out the month within 5 business days
- Work with Production Staff to reconcile inventory transactions
- Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Completes other administrative and/or accounting functions as requested.
- Prepares data and reports as requested.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Active listening
- Excellent attention to detail, being thorough
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Work under tight timelines with strong sense of urgency
- Capable of redirecting focus quickly to meet the needs of the organization
- Reliable and on-time performance required
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Computer Savvy, knowledge or various software
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Critical thinking
- Exceptional Time management skills
Education / Experience
- Experience: QuickBooks experience preferred
- Experience: E-commerce / POS experience preferred
- Experience: 2+ years or equivalent education or experience
- Knowledge of general office equipment required.
And by the way, we're not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Our leadership really communicates and listens!
Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as.
- Casual dress work environment
- Free vegetables from the farm (seasonal)
- Free gym membership at Vine Health & Fitness
- Employee Discounts on Head & Heal Products
- 401k available once eligibility requirements are met
Position is located in Cortland, NY. Requires some office hours with partial remote work possible with approved home office set up (computer/laptop, printer/scanner, high speed internet, designated workspace, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
New York Hemp Oil is accepting employment applications for the position mentioned above. This position has been made available by the provisions of a grant to New York Hemp Oil from the New York State Office of Community Renewal CDBG. Low-to-moderate income persons as defined by HUD will be given first consideration in hiring.
**Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration and complete skills assessments.
- Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm
- What are your salary requirements
- Why do you want to work at Head & Heal?